Criminal Investigation Division
The Criminal Investigation Division (CID) of the Seagoville Police Department consists of two Detectives and a Sergeant. In the Seagoville Police Department, the CID conducts all criminal investigations ranging from Class B Misdemeanors to Capital Felonies. The CID is one of the most critical and crucial sections of the Department.
- Conducts interviews with both suspects and victims of crimes, and is responsible for investigating crime scenes including identifying, collecting, processing, and documenting of evidence
- Obtains and executes arrest and search warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and other necessary legal documents
- Completes thorough prosecution and case reports
- Files all cases above the grade of a class C misdemeanor with either the Dallas County DA Office or Kaufman County DA Office.
- Acts as a liaison between other Municipal, County, State, and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Conducts narcotics investigations that may include surveillance and the utilization of confidential informants and under cover officers.
- Routinely works joint operations with the North Texas Auto Theft Task Force