Who to Contact if the Streets are Flooded
If the streets are flooded from bad weather during normal working hours you may call 972-287-6823 or the Police Department
at 972-287-2999. For after-hours emergencies, call 972-287-6823 ext. 201 to leave a message for the on-call person.
Turn Around, Don't Drown (TADD)
is a NOAA National Weather Service
campaign to warn people of the hazards of walking or driving a vehicle through flood waters.
- Monitor weather radios or your favorite news source for vital weather.
- If flooding occurs, get to higher ground.
- Most flood-related deaths and injuries could be avoided if people who come upon areas covered with water followed this simple advice; turn around, don't drown.
- Each year, more deaths occur due to flooding than from any other severe weather related hazard.
- Six inches of fast moving water can knock over an adult.
- Two feet of rushing water can carry away most vehicles.